Ilorin is a north central city in kwara state, Nigeria with population of about one million (1,000,0000), located in southwest of the state has quite interesting features and details, we quickly hope to analyse several markets across this city, which includes the availability of various markets for different types of individuals in the economy and almost every area across this city has it's own market place for retailers and SMEs within.We list various markets with their respective features:-
1. Oja Oba: Largest and oldest market in Ilorin known for sales of different products such as different varieties of foodstuffs, including locally produced food products and imported. Within this market includes two sub-markets which are :-
Ago market: Mainly for cloths, dry fishes with other food items
Gegele market: This specific market meant for children or baby's wears and other traditional herbs market.
In all it is not just the largest but a big economical market for all types of trades and well centred within the city.
4. Ganmo market: This market is mainly for foodstuffs, it is one of the cheapest food market in the city with farm produce directly from farm or other local traders, it is a market that operate almost all days but majorly populated every five (5) days. It is an important market for food retailers and wholesalers within or outside of the state as people come from nearby states to patronise this market.
5. Oke-Oyi market: This market is mainly for foodstuffs, it is one of the cheapest food market in the city with farm produce directly from farm or other local traders, it majorly populated every five (5) days. It is an important market for food retailers and wholesalers within the city, it also linked to some major grain markets in the state such as gbugbu (Edu local government) sharagi and Iyana share market both in ifelodun local government of kwara state.
6. Yoruba road market: This is the most expensive market in Ilorin, it sells all kind of foodstuffs and groceries with mini malls attached for different products, it is small but a very expensive market within the city, it has all its foodstuffs well packaged and good looking, one of the best market place to visit in Ilorin for better experience.
7. Kunlende market (Shaba market): This market is a newly commissioned market which is commercially balanced, it sells different products ranging from foodstuffs to clothing materials and other goods, it has both retailers and wholesalers lined side by side within the market. Better offers, better prices and well structured environment for different sections, it is affordable and quite nice for final consumers at a very reasonable price.
8. Gambari market: This is a very important market place for kitchens and house utensils, it also sells quite lots of jewelries and as well as cloth accessories, located there are fashion designers materials and machines. This market isn't a food market as it has no known foodstuffs spot available. Hence it's a market of beauty!
9. Taiwo road and Ita Amodu: This market is meant for buying house building materials as well as interior and exterior designs, it's amazing buying appliances there.
Note: Oja gboro is an extension of ipata market along Gambari market extension of Oja Oba
Other marketplaces Ilorites regard as markets includes;
10. Tanke oke-odo market
11. Maraba market
12. Post office
Kindly follow us for more information about marketplaces within your area as we will carefully give you details of most affordable and quality places to get all your items! You can also reach us on 09068011285 .
Leave us a comment here!!!